Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Yosemite but no photos app

How do I download iPhoto or Photos? I just got a new macbook air and it has OS X Yosemite installed but there is no photos app. Please someone let me know how I can install the photos app.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:24 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 6:44 AM in response to madisonlayfield

Hey madisonlayfield,

Your new MacBook Air - congratulations on your purchase, by the way - should come with Photos installed. See this page - Compare Mac Computers - Apple Mac Comparison for specifications.

If you are having difficulties finding the Photos application, you may want to try using Spotlight. See this article for information about how Spotlight can help you find things on your Mac - Mac Basics: Spotlight helps you find what you're looking for.

Normally Photos would be found in your Applications folder. If using Spotlight does not find it for you, please post back and we will see what we need to do to get it installed.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

OS X Yosemite but no photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.