Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore the range on my AirPort Extreme?

On my AirPort Extreme, the range has decreased by half in the past week. How do I restore the range to my Mac, iPad, iPhone and AirPort Express?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 8:47 AM in response to P-Mac-S

It would not be normal for a wireless router, by any manufacturer, to have its range decrease by half. This would typically be caused by, at least, the following two things: 1) The router is failing, or 2) There is an increase in Wi-Fi interference in the area that is introducing additional signal noise.

Unless your router is 3+ years old, I would suspect it would be the latter. You can help determine this by using either your Mac's built-in software or via a third-party application, like iStumbler. Will you be using your MacBook Pro ... and is it really running OS X 10.6.8?

How do I restore the range on my AirPort Extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.