Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After bootup I get windows poping up saying Messages agent wants to use the login keychain and five more, all asking for password. How do I stop this?

Each morning when I start my iMac after everything is loaded I get popup windows. The first one says Messages agent wants to use the login keychain.

If I cancel that the next one pops up and says Calendar agents wants to use the login keychain.

Next is Cloudd wants to use the login keychain. I cancel it.

Then Com.apple.iCloudHelper.xpc wants to use the login keychain. I cancel it

Then AddressBookSourceSyn wants to use the login keychain. I cancel it.

and last Accountsd wants to use the login keychain.

If I enter my password in any of those they go away.

I'd like them to stop.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 7:20 AM

Back up all data before proceeding.

Double-click the line below on this page to select it:

com.apple.scopedbookmarksagent.xpc

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Click in the search field in the upper right corner of the Keychain Access window and press command-V to paste the text you copied earlier. A password item with the above name should appear in the window. Press delete and confirm when prompted. Quit Keychain Access and see whether the prompts have stopped.

Credit for this observation to ASC member bad_friday.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 7:20 AM in response to pkcid

Back up all data before proceeding.

Double-click the line below on this page to select it:

com.apple.scopedbookmarksagent.xpc

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Click in the search field in the upper right corner of the Keychain Access window and press command-V to paste the text you copied earlier. A password item with the above name should appear in the window. Press delete and confirm when prompted. Quit Keychain Access and see whether the prompts have stopped.

Credit for this observation to ASC member bad_friday.

Aug 1, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Linc Davis

Unfortunately I received instructions from someone else how to solve this problem. I can't recall the name because I was so annoyed that I deleted the email with the instructions. The result of the instructions was the complete deletion of every single saved password and I had close to two hundred, that's 200 ! However, it did solve the problem of the six windows popping up at login.

Nov 24, 2015 12:15 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the hint. I found two such items but could only delete one of them (the most recent). The other one, which dates from 2013, cannot be deleted. When I hit delete, simply nothing happens: no error message, but the item stays.

And the problem with the prompt at every reboot subsists.

Any additional hint?

Regards

Walter

Mar 12, 2016 7:47 AM in response to Linc Davis

This worked like a charm. I did have to force quit the Keychain Access application a couple of times, because it froze up after I pasted in the text string (spinning pinwheel), but I persevered, and on the third or fourth try, it went ahead and worked as you said.

Thank you, Link and friday -- you are my heroes!!!

After bootup I get windows poping up saying Messages agent wants to use the login keychain and five more, all asking for password. How do I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.