Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off Siri Automatic spelling

Is there a way to turn off the Automatic spelling on the iMac I have.

With the iPhone the auto speller gives suggestions as you are one finger typing and you can advance the text with what you want that way.

On the iMac .. it give the word 'it' wants to give you as you type.

For example I want to type the word 'SPOOGE' and it keeps giving me 'SPONGE' ... to use in the sentence insisting that is the correct spelling of the word I want to use.

Sheesh ... is there a fix for this.

😕

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:42 AM

iMacs do not use Siri, currently Siri is only available on IOS devices such as iPhones, iPads and iPods.

You did not state the version of OS X you use so we are left guessing, however here is an Apple advice letter that will likely help you. OS X Mavericks: Check spelling and grammar in documents

Going forward, when posting please state the version of OS X you are using and it would be helpful to let us know what Mac model you have too.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 8:42 AM in response to cubcougar

iMacs do not use Siri, currently Siri is only available on IOS devices such as iPhones, iPads and iPods.

You did not state the version of OS X you use so we are left guessing, however here is an Apple advice letter that will likely help you. OS X Mavericks: Check spelling and grammar in documents

Going forward, when posting please state the version of OS X you are using and it would be helpful to let us know what Mac model you have too.

how to turn off Siri Automatic spelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.