Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts disappeared after updating to 12.2.16

Upgraded iTunes a few days ago. Yesterday, went into podcasts- My station vanished along with about 10 podcasts I had subscribed and downloaded. ***?!? Anyone else have this happen?

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:15 AM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Torgo

Boo. 😟 And no backup I assume.

If just checked and it seems the last link I posted loops back to here instead of where it supposed to go. I'll try again:

Re: Why did iTunes 11.1 (126) delete all (SEVERAL HUNDRED) Podcasts? and this post later in the same thread has some possible file recovery tools that might be able to recover some of the lost files.

tt2

Jul 31, 2015 3:19 PM in response to turingtest2

I keep the library on an external drive and back it up to a second external drive, but the missing episodes are not to be found.

What really puzzles me is-

1. Why did it delete some, not all?
  2. Whether they had been played or not doesn't seem to be a factor.
  3. Where the **** did my station go?

I already subscribed and downloaded (most) of them, but, what a stupid thing to have happened. Pain in the a**.

Jul 31, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Torgo

1. I don't know, unless it can be explained by previous settings on an iOS device.
  2. Same.
  3. Pass.

What method are you using to backup? When it happened to me the 1,700 files that were about to be erased from my backup set were a massive clue that something unexpected had happened. I was able to restore the pre-upgrade library and restore my files rather than having them deleted. This is how I do it - Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy.

tt2

Aug 2, 2015 9:15 PM in response to Torgo

I don't have anything to add in the way of help, but this is the third or fourth time this has happened to me. On the other occasions, a couple of days later everything returned, even to my iPod Classic. Apple needs to fix this once and for all. It's ridiculous that this happens over and over again. I'm not near an Apple store, so I can't run down to the mall and get help.

Podcasts disappeared after updating to 12.2.16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.