Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nikon D4s unable to utilize slow motion in imovie

Can apple make the nikon D4s compatible with imovie, 10.0.5 or 10.0.9 ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), iTunes 11.3.1 updated 8/8/14

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:05 AM

14 replies

Jul 31, 2015 10:58 AM in response to GeeD

yes the Nikon D4 is but I am asking about their latest D4s model, with 1920,1080, 60fps..full HD..when using the 60fps the slow mo icon does not populate to utilize , upon checking for compatibility, the D4s is not on the list, this camera has been out since march 2014..I can import the movies, I wanted to utilize the slow motion effect..thanks for asking, I'm hoping Apple sees this a adds it to their compatibility for iMovie 10.0.9 Yosemite and 10.0.5 mavericks versions

Jul 31, 2015 11:19 AM in response to iswho

Sorry, I read the 's' as a plural, not part of the camera model name. So you can import footage from it but not use the slow no options afterwards. Strange, this should be totally independent of the clip source. Are you by any chance using 'wrapped timeline' in the project pane? You need to disable this for the speed adjustments to be active.

Geoff.

PS: I can't help thinking that a $6000 camera (and that's only the body) really deserves to be paired with a professional video editor - FCP X is only $300.

Jul 31, 2015 11:32 AM in response to GeeD

You would think , but I had thought Final Cut Pro was being discontinued? Plus my work computer runs 10.9.5 and FCP is Yosemite compatible only, right ? I do have a Yosemite mac book pro, but i like my mac book retina 1gb flash, 16bg ram work computer , I know, I got two.. Anyway, I will check to see if the "wrapped timeline" is enabled, can't check right now though, but thanks

Jul 31, 2015 1:24 PM in response to iswho

Make sure that under the 'View' menu that 'Wrapping Timeline" is not ticked.

Concerning Final cut Pro the last version compatible with Mavericks I think is 10.1.4. It is definitely not being discontinued. You need Yosemite to run the latest version, 10.2.1. Both the Yosemite and FCP X updates are free.

Geoff.

Jul 31, 2015 3:58 PM in response to GeeD

YES I was in the event screen !! I will try that later tonight, thanks, that maybe the solution to this, I'll let you know if I get control of that turtle !! Maybe the D4s has not been update to the compatibility list, and will actually work, lets hope that's the case..thank you so much for persevering on this..

Jul 31, 2015 4:09 PM in response to iswho

Well, you got it right, I had a video with that 60fps, and did exactly that, open a new movie and project !! AND YES it does allow for the effects, all there !! Thank you very much, so I would say Apple may not have updated their list with D4s, as it seems to work fine..thanks Geof

Jul 31, 2015 4:27 PM in response to GeeD

So, how would I go about getting a copy of the 10.1.4 version of FCP for Mavericks, if that is even possible, I run windows office suite Outlook, Excel, etc. and sync calendar events (the apple calendar, as the two don't sync up anymore) on my iPhone and don't want to mess that up as I believe Yosemite does not sync calendar events any more to iPhone, I think they took that option off iTunes..

Aug 1, 2015 2:17 AM in response to iswho

You'd have to go to the app store and see if it offers you a version for Mavericks or whether it insists you update to Yosemite first. Yosemite does sync calendar events to iOS devices - it's still syncing to my ancient iPodTouch. I'm still running Office 2011 on Yosemite without problems.

Geoff.

nikon D4s unable to utilize slow motion in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.