Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newer iMessages are deleting on their own.

I have an iPhone 6 plus, I have iOS 8.3. Last night I was texting my friend and I when I went to look through the conversation, I realized that the messages from an hour before were gone and the last text that showed dated back to Jun 21 and today is July 31. We text almost everyday and so it deleted a big section of messages. I went back later and they were there again? They keep reappearing and disappearing. What is happening? Can someone please tell me

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 8:34 AM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 7:14 AM in response to mageeeeekkk

Good day mageeeeekkk,

If you are experiencing your iPhone's Messages conversations disappearing and reappearing at random intervals, the first thing I would suggest would be to back up your iPhone, to prevent any data loss. See this article for some suggestions on how to do this - How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes.

Next, there are three steps I would suggest to try to correct this behavior. Do these in order and test after each one to see if things are better. If things are working correctly, no need to go any further.

Quit all applications on the iPhone and test - Force an app to close in iOS

Restart the iPhone - Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Erase the iPhone and set up as a new device - How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Newer iMessages are deleting on their own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.