Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ITunes Match It does not show up in the menu bar under any of the headings.

I seem to have a continuous problem of keeping ITunes match available on my computer. It does not even show up in the top menu to turn it on or off. I am trying to refresh it but in isn't there. Please help solve this problem for good. THANKS It is set up on auto renew and renews Jan 2016. It is current.

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:09 AM

10 replies

Aug 2, 2015 7:47 AM in response to altasue

Hi altasue,

If you could provide a little more information about the issue you are having iwth iTunes Match, perhaps we can figure out together what is going on. What version of the iTunes software do you currently have on your iMac? Your profile indicates you are running OS X 10.5.6. Is that correct? Here is some information about working with iTunes Match:

Resolve issues with iTunes Match - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204406

iTunes Match minimum requirements

Before trying any of the steps below to resolve your issue, make sure that you meet the iTunes Match minimum requirements:

• iTunes 10.5.2 or later.
  • Mac: Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later.
  • Windows: Windows Vista or later.
  • iOS devices: iOS 5.0.1 or later.

Make sure that your iTunes viewing options are properly set.

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you're in the My Music window. If you're not, click on the Music icon in the upper-left corner, then click on My Music in the top-middle of the iTunes window.
  2. From the pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, select Songs.
  3. In the same menu, click Show Columns.
  4. Make sure that there is a check mark next to iCloud Download. If there's not, click on iCloud Download.
    A download button becomes visible next to songs available for download from iCloud.

Make sure iTunes Match is turned on. Learn how to add a computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes Match.

If iTunes Match is already turned on for your computer or iOS device, try turning iTunes Match off and then on again:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Mac: Hold down the option key, then choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen. Turn iTunes Match on by choosing Store > Turn On iTunes Match.

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204146

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
    Windows: Turn on your iTunes menu bar by pressing Control and B on your keyboard. Then choose Store > Turn On iTunes Match. Learn more about iTunes for Windows menus.
  3. Click the Subscribe button.
  4. A "Sign In to subscribe to iTunes Match" dialog box appears.

Take care,

Aug 8, 2015 7:47 PM in response to judysings

I have the most current iTunes (v12.2.1) on OSX Yosemite (10.10.4 (14E46)). I have been experiencing the same problem, so I tried the solution provided.

There is no 'Store' menu at the top of the screen in iTunes. I tried the above steps using the 'Account' menu instead, but even holding down the option key and clicking 'Account' didn't make the iTunes Match selection appear.

If I click on iTunes Store link on the iTunes screen itself, iTunes Match appears in the menu down the right side of the page. If I click on that option, a screen appears and asks me if I want to authorize my computer (like it does when you first sign up for iTunes Match). If I click that option, it fades out that button, but stays that way and does nothing else. Otherwise, if you go to my account itself, my computer is, and has been, authorized all along. Not sure what else to try. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2015 9:12 PM in response to judysings

I have the same problem with my ITunes Match since doing the update and where some said that ITunes match shows under account it doesn't. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. Also there is a square up on the top left hand side of ITunes on my computer when I press it and go into ITunes Store, ITunes Match show under that but is faded and won't let me access it at all.

Oct 1, 2015 4:39 PM in response to altasue

I was having the same problem. Here's what I did that seemed to fix the problem for me:

1) Under the store tab, click view account.

2) There's a section in the account information that says "iTunes in the Cloud". I don't remember exactly what it said under that tab, but I had to click something that said authorize this computer (something along those lines).

After a couple minutes, it seemed to start working again. It seemed to start updating my library with the cloud. I still don't see an iTunes Match section under the store tab, but when I right click new songs that I've added, it lets me "Add to iCloud Music Library"

Hope this fixes the issue for you

My ITunes Match It does not show up in the menu bar under any of the headings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.