Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps missing after restore of iPod Touch 4th gen.

I think I may be beat. I had to do a reset erasing all content and settings to cure a problem where all data on my iPod had starting show up as the actual data AND unknown, essentially doubling the footprint and almost filling it up. It's happened before and a reset\restore fixed it.

This time, I restored it, and most of my apps didn't come back. I went to apps and tried to set them to "will install", and they don't install. I tried installing one from the store (Mercury browser) and it tells me that I can't unless I have IOS 7.0 or higher (which doesn't exist for my iPod).

I tried restoring both of my backups with the same result. I have the latest IOS for the device @ 6.1.6.

What can I do to get this thing like it was prior to my reset? I figured a restore would do it (I back it up daily), but I guess I figured wrong. It seems like it's not really backing up what's on the ipod, but noting the apps, then installing the latest (not what was actually on there). For me, that's totally screwing me up.

I'm hoping there's a process that'll save the day for me.

Thanks.

iPod touch, Windows 7, 32gb gen 4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:27 AM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:18 PM in response to JMC911

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Apps missing after restore of iPod Touch 4th gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.