Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 12 for science sphere. Recommended it to me?

Dear professionals! Dear friends! Help me, please!

I am from Russia. And I decided to buy MacBook 12 device (I want to replace my 13 inch MacBook Pro) for daily work at home, on the road and in office.

For me the main things I need are portability, convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to use ms office (special business version with power pivot, power map and other special tools), latex, spss, mathtype, mathematica, stata, qlick view, adobe acrobat pro, indesign, finereader, 1c, ms visio, ms project and etc. And, of course, I like to watch movies in the evening. These are the main programs I need to use, other are less productive. I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I also work on my Apple iPhone to be always online.

So the question is, whether MacBook 12 will satisfy all my needs.

Thank You very much!

Best wishes, Viktor

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:06 AM

1 reply

MacBook 12 for science sphere. Recommended it to me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.