Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Generation died and won't charge?

I've had this iPod for a little over a year now, when my brother bought it for me as a gift. It's recently had some troubles which include, but are not limited to; home button somehow got stuck and is still stuck, iPod randomly went black screen and wouldn't turn on, saying any cable I tried to use to charge was "not supported by Apple", and, more recently, iPod is not charging.

At first my iPod was doing weird things like it wouldn't charge on any cable unless it was plugged in backwards. But now, no matter what I do it will not charge. I've tried the hard reset of holding the power and home button simultaniously but nothing. I've tried everything anyone's suggested. I've been searching the Internet all week and I can't find anything that will work 😟 I keep getting the red battery symbol saying it needs plugged in but no matter what charging cable I use, it won't charge 😟 I've left it plugged in for over 48 hours, as well, but nothing.

I've plugged it into all 4 USB ports on my laptop, on my iHome, on various charging cables and adapters but still nothing.

I have a recent iCloud backup so I was going to try to restore my iPod but it won't turn on and isn't recognized by iTunes or my Windows 7 laptop I've always used for it. It just says "USB device not recognized"

Will Apple or GatorTec try to fix it if I have no warranty? At this point I don't care if I lose all my stuff. I backed it up on iCloud though, so I shouldn't.

I was even debating just buying a new iPod and restoring it with my iCloud backup, but I heard that you have to turn on your old iPod and erase the data off it first?

If anyone knows what to do to help please let me know because this is just frustrating 😟

Thanks for helping 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 8, null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:22 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 1:30 PM in response to to.the.barn.and.back

See what yo missed here:

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order. The appointment/troubleshooting is free. No warranty required.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

I know nothing about GatorTec

iPod Touch 5th Generation died and won't charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.