Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hitting play blacks out the editing screen

I am using LOGIC 9.1.8 on a new Mac Book Pro & Yosemite. When I hit play my editing suite blacks out all tracks behind the cursor. This did not happen on my old Mac (before Yosemite) but it is also NOT happening on my big, new iMac which also has Yosemite. Any ideas of why this may be and what I can do to correct it?

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:33 PM

Are you sure it's 9.1.8 you're running on the MacBook? It's a known problem with earlier versions of Logic 9, however 9.1.8 is supposed to be compatible. Are both the MBP and iMac running the same version of Yosemite?

Are both the MBP and iMac using Retina screens?

8 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Katy415

Katy415 wrote:

Hi. Yes, both retina, but the one with the problem is running 10.10.1 and my iMac is running 10.10.4 ! I am now updating the software os on the MacBook Pro... Do you think this could be it?

And yes, it is 9.1.8.

Thanks~

Possibly, if it doesn't help I'll post the directions for deleting Logic's preferences in the hopes that will clear it up, after you do the OS update be sure and reboot the MBP.

Hitting play blacks out the editing screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.