Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an IMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 I have several folders that I created. I put them in Trash and attempted "secure empty". After proceeding to empty for a short while I received this message: "The operation can't be completed because you don't hav

I have an IMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 I have several folders that I created. I put them in Trash and attempted "secure empty". After proceeding to empty for a short while I received this message: "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items". I then secure emptied the files in the folders. When I tried again with the empty folders I received the same message. In the five years I've had this computer I've never had this experience.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 9:06 AM

Good day redfish1127,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like there are a few folders that can't be deleted from your iMac, and you see the message "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items."

Deleting the contents of the folders was a good step. Since the behavior is isolated to specific folders, try the steps under the "Emptying the Trash" section at the bottom of Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 9:06 AM in response to redfish1127

Good day redfish1127,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like there are a few folders that can't be deleted from your iMac, and you see the message "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items."

Deleting the contents of the folders was a good step. Since the behavior is isolated to specific folders, try the steps under the "Emptying the Trash" section at the bottom of Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X.

Best Regards.

I have an IMac Snow Leopard 10.6.8 I have several folders that I created. I put them in Trash and attempted "secure empty". After proceeding to empty for a short while I received this message: "The operation can't be completed because you don't hav

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.