Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have all my contact cards disappeared?

Downloaded Yosemite on my late 2012 iMac, now all my cards in Contacts have disappeared, as have all entries in my Calendar. I don't use the cloud, wonder if this is connected to the problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 250 GB SSD

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:27 AM

I suspect you are someone else has set a setting to update your information to iCloud. However if that is not it, simply restore the Calendar and Contacts apps in Time Machine to a date they were last visible. This process should take much less than 5 minutes.

4 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:50 PM in response to Hertsal

Hello

Macs allows us to access and view Contacts from many sources

iCloud

Email(s) like Gmail and other supported accounts

Social Media like Face Book, Twitter ...

Other apps.

CardDAV accounts

and just the Mac

The way to get them back is to find out where they came from.

Note ((Every-One)) says the Mac, but that's where you organized and viewed them from.

Even if you type them in on the Mac they can still be saved to any of the above accounts.

1 Make sure your are signed into all of your accounts

iCloud, Email(s), Social Media ....

Make sure all of the accounts have contacts turned on.

2 Make sure you are looking at all the contact groups.

Best of Luck

Aug 3, 2015 7:43 AM in response to damaag

Hi,

thanks for the information, don't use social media, don't have an iPhone or iPad so I can sign off from the iCloud right? ... WRONG!!

I just didn't realise I would lose data I had typed in if I signed off from the iCloud. All my contacts are now back where they should be.

Many thanks for your help

Hertsal

Why have all my contact cards disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.