Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to copy photo on iCloud to external disc

Ever since I subscribe to iCloud for additional storage for all my photos, I can't download them to Shutterfly. For some reason everytime I want to upload photos to Shutterfly, it can't find photos on iCloud. Very frustrating. So my questions are:

1. How to upload photos directly to Shutterfly from iCloud

or

2. If #1 is not possible then how do I copy photos from iCloud to USB disc to upload to shutterfly

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:57 AM

Ever since I subscribe to iCloud for additional storage for all my photos, I can't download them to Shutterfly. For some reason everytime I want to upload photos to Shutterfly, it can't find photos on iCloud.

Are you using the "Optimize Mac Storage" with iCloud Photo Library? Then not all photos will be available in the Media Browser.

See this help page: If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

The Media Browser only shows photos that have the original image or a full-size preview stored on your Mac. You can make a photo temporarily available to the Media Browser by double-clicking on it. This will download the original to your Mac, where it will be available in the Media Browser until Photos optimizes it again to save disk space.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 9:57 AM in response to aliaks

Ever since I subscribe to iCloud for additional storage for all my photos, I can't download them to Shutterfly. For some reason everytime I want to upload photos to Shutterfly, it can't find photos on iCloud.

Are you using the "Optimize Mac Storage" with iCloud Photo Library? Then not all photos will be available in the Media Browser.

See this help page: If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

The Media Browser only shows photos that have the original image or a full-size preview stored on your Mac. You can make a photo temporarily available to the Media Browser by double-clicking on it. This will download the original to your Mac, where it will be available in the Media Browser until Photos optimizes it again to save disk space.

how to copy photo on iCloud to external disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.