Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No response when I connect iPhone to iMac

Hello all,

I've often uploaded photos from my iPhone 5S to my iMac. This time, however, I connected as usual using the iPhone to usb cable, and nothing happens. iPhoto doesn't open, as I recall it did, so no prompts for uploading/deleting shots on phone, etc.

I also see no indication that my iPhone is actually connected to my iMac, e.g., an icon on my desktop or in a Finder window.

Can anyone refresh my memory on how to transfer my phone photos to my iMac, and in particular, to iPhoto?

Maybe something has changed since I last did this.

Many thanks for your help.

Liz

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 8:34 AM

Hey there Liz,

If I understand correctly, you're unsure how to import photos into iPhoto on your iMac, and you want to know how the process works. This article should answer any questions you have about importing photos into iPhoto on your Mac:

iPhoto '11: Import your photos

Also, if you have a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.3 or later and an iOS device with iOS 8.3 or later, you can use iCloud Photo Library. The article below provides a lot of great information about iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

So long.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 8:34 AM in response to cestchouette

Hey there Liz,

If I understand correctly, you're unsure how to import photos into iPhoto on your iMac, and you want to know how the process works. This article should answer any questions you have about importing photos into iPhoto on your Mac:

iPhoto '11: Import your photos

Also, if you have a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.3 or later and an iOS device with iOS 8.3 or later, you can use iCloud Photo Library. The article below provides a lot of great information about iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

So long.

No response when I connect iPhone to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.