Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't use Manage Family to add family members.

When going into iCloud preferences, I am unable to Manage Family and create a family collection for sharing. I am told that I myself have already created an account and will have to ask myself to add me. ? Yes.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:42 AM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2015 12:21 PM in response to robertpaulelliott

You don't need to add yourself. You add your family members and you will automatically become the "organizer". As the organizer, it is your credit card that will be used to make purchases from all family members. You can designate another adult as the "Parent/Guardian" who will have the power to approve purchases from underage family members.

Aug 1, 2015 8:57 AM in response to robertpaulelliott

Hmmm, if the computer is already telling you that a family sharing account was already created....as soon as you sign into iCloud from any device using that Apple ID, it should show you as the organizer. You shouldn't have to setup family sharing again. Once it is setup from any device, it's done and should reflect across all systems using your Apple ID. Are you signed into all accounts with the same Apple ID, and not using an alias? (not sure if using an alias would make any difference).

I can't use Manage Family to add family members.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.