Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 8.4 update, apps like Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr can longer access ALL of my photos on my phone and/or Ipad. The apps do have access to my photos but if I go to upload a photo to one of the apps, I can't see all my pix.

Since iOS 8.4 update, apps like Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr can longer access ALL of my photos on my phone and/or Ipad. The apps do have access to my photos but if I go to upload a photo to one of the apps, I can't see all my pix - just a few. Weirdly enough though, I don't have this problem with the FB app.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 9:55 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Camster0307

Howdy Camster0307,

It's definitely odd that only particular apps on your iPhone are unable to see the entirety of your collection of photos when attempting to share. Such behavior will typically benefit from, if not get resolved by, a bit of troubleshooting that I've outlined below.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Delete and reinstall the app

1. Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file on the app.
    User uploaded file
  3. Press the Home button.
  4. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  5. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

Contact the app developer

If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
  3. Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Cheers

Aug 3, 2015 10:26 AM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks so much for your suggestions, Allen. I had actually tried all of those things before and nothing has worked. I also tried this suggestion made to the same question from someone else: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7148985http:// Still didn't help. I will contact the 3rd party app support team to see if they can help. Thanks for your input and if you can think of anything else, please share.

Aug 20, 2015 9:54 AM in response to Damnrain

So...after the current updates for both Twitter and Instagram, I now have access to all the photos on my iphone when I want to upload to one of those apps. I am still not getting all access when on tumblr, even though they just did a recent update. As was suggested above, I'm starting to think this is an app problem and should complain to the app developer. Good luck!

Since iOS 8.4 update, apps like Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr can longer access ALL of my photos on my phone and/or Ipad. The apps do have access to my photos but if I go to upload a photo to one of the apps, I can't see all my pix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.