Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery discharging too fast

I bought my Macbook Pro 15' last December. That is in December 2014. I was having a very good battery backup of more than 9 hours.

A few days ago, when i was working on my Mac with basic office stuff, The battery discharged from 40% to 0, in a second or two ! After this incident i am not having a good battery backup. When i charge my Mac, it charges to 100% too early. It hardly takes 1.5 hours for complete charge. And it starts discharging once I remove the power cord. When fully charged, the estimated time shows 4.40 hours even when no programs are working.

With this, the complete device gets heated up. Initially only areas above the keypad and speaker used to heat up. But now, even the area around mousepad gets heated up.

I have not installed any games or any app that require high graphics. But I have installed 'Parallels' to use Windows 8.1 . Though I use it very rarely! What could be the reason?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:02 AM

1 reply

Battery discharging too fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.