Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting a new laptop soon - how will I transfer my iTunes library to it with all my songs?

So my laptop is slowly dying after a happy marriage of 4 years and like a good partner I decided to move on and plan to buy a new laptop.

My battery has run its course and is currently on life support (the charger) as it loses a percentage of its full charge every few hours. I only have about 60% left, and while I can hold out until my birthday when I get a new laptop, I need my laptop to jobsearch online while my kind mom allows me to sponge off the electricity bill.

But that's not the important bit.

It's my music.

Specifically the 10s of bands/artists that I love dearly bought with my hard-earned money and downloaded into my iTunes Library.

So my question in detail is; When I download iTunes in my new laptop, and log on with my Apply ID, will my music come back? (I already saved them on CDs JUST in case)

If possible, can someone answer in a step-by-step idiot-proof guide please?

Many thanks.

iPod shuffle, null

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:50 AM

When you log into your account on your new computer your library won't show, you will need to copy it from your current computer (or backup of its library) - or for iTunes purchased music you might (if it's still in the store and you haven't moved countries since buying it), be able to redownload it via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

There are some instructions on this page for how to copy your library : How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 11:50 AM in response to AmberPod

When you log into your account on your new computer your library won't show, you will need to copy it from your current computer (or backup of its library) - or for iTunes purchased music you might (if it's still in the store and you haven't moved countries since buying it), be able to redownload it via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

There are some instructions on this page for how to copy your library : How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

I'm getting a new laptop soon - how will I transfer my iTunes library to it with all my songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.