Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MB PRO crashed twice in same days

For two times MB PRO crash. I suspect that is very hot.

Here the picture of the log.

Can someone help me to understand it?

It crash, log off without notice. I have to restart it.

Thanks

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 10:44 AM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2015 11:20 AM in response to vinsoft

These instructions must be carried out as an administrator. If you have only one user account, you are the administrator.

In the Console window, select

DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION System Diagnostic Reports

(not Diagnostic and Usage Messages) from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar.

There is a disclosure triangle to the left of the list item. If the triangle is pointing to the right, click it so that it points down. You'll see a list of reports. A panic report has a name that begins with "Kernel" and ends in ".panic". Select the most recent one. The contents of the report will appear on the right. Use copy and paste to post the entire contents—the text, not a screenshot.

If you don't see any reports listed, but you know there was a panic, you may have chosen Diagnostic and Usage Messages from the log list. Choose DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFORMATION instead.

In the interest of privacy, I suggest that, before posting, you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report, if it’s present (it may not be.)

Please don’t post other kinds of diagnostic report.

I know the report is long, maybe several hundred lines. Please post all of it anyway.

When you post the report, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Jul 31, 2015 11:38 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you for your answer, BUT I can't find that information.

Here the print screen of the console with the list of the report without Kernel...

I have tried to find the logs in the folder /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports, but it's empty and the log file named "panic.log" in the folder /Library/Logs/

No kernel and panic file founded on my Mac !!!

For two time the Mac freeze and after about 30 seconds it log off and then I had to power in.

Why no panic log file???

User uploaded file

Aug 1, 2015 5:33 AM in response to vinsoft

These instructions must be carried out as an administrator. If you have only one user account, you are the administrator.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It makes no changes to your data.

Please triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

syslog -k Sender kernel -k Message CSeq 'n Cause: -' | tail | awk '/:/{$4=""; print}' | pbcopy

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Paste into the Terminal window by pressing the key combination command-V. I've tested these instructions only with the Safari web browser. If you use another browser, you may have to press the return key after pasting.

Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear below what you entered.

The output of the command will be automatically copied to the Clipboard. If the command produced no output, the Clipboard will be empty. Paste into a reply to this message.

The Terminal window doesn't show the output. Please don't copy anything from there.

Aug 1, 2015 10:27 AM in response to vinsoft

A negative shutdown code may indicate a hardware problem. The precise meaning of the codes is not publicly documented.

If you haven't already done so, you can try resetting the System Management Controller. Otherwise, or if the reset has no effect, see below.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

Aug 1, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Linc Davis

uhm...

In the day that I had the two crashes I noted that the Mac is very, very hot.

Perhaps it shout down for this reason?

In that day I discovered an alert for the battery, see below image.

Now, for example, is not hot, but normal...

OK, I will apply SMC reset, but after the reset how can I understand that the problems is solved?

With no other crashes???

Thank you.

User uploaded file

MB PRO crashed twice in same days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.