Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is differences between the early 2015 rMBP and the mid 2015 rMBP?

I just bought a rMBP 13 inch last week and when i clicked the about this mac button it says my model is a early 2015, I didnt know If I got the latest model or something that was back stock. Im new to mac so I apologize if this is a bad question or not. I just want to make sure Im getting the newest model available.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:22 PM

The EARLY is a 13" model. The MID is a 15" model. 15 - 13 = 2.

Ciao.

6 replies

Jul 31, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Emerbaum

Emerbaum wrote:

is that always the numbering scheme?

No, if all the models are updated and introduced at the same time, they will all have the same designation: ex. Early 2010 applies to the 13", 15" and 17' models for that year. They were all introduced in February.

The 2015 models were introduced at separate times. 13" in March and the 15" in May.

Ciao.

Jul 31, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter wrote:

So it doesn't matter when the 13" rMBP was produced since there is no difference between a 13" rMBP produced in March or June.

It indicates when that model was introduced. Analogous to automobiles. All 2015 Cadillac Escalade's are 2015 models regardless when they came off the assembly line.

The early/mid build references only apply if there was a change to a particular model correct?

Correct.

Ciao.

What is differences between the early 2015 rMBP and the mid 2015 rMBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.