Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to unlimited streaming?

So, I'm checking out a new album in the iTunes store, and I would like to listen to it. I go to the new section, pull the album up and discover you can only listen to 1:30 minute snippets of each song. And I'm not talking about The Beatles. I thought unlimited streaming was part of the subscription. Am I wrong? I have also found the best songs on particular albums exempt from streaming. What's with that? Apple Music's promo on the website says "unlimited streaming".

Another thing I discovered was, since I had a lot of music messed up when I initially participated in the Cloud(which I have now corrected with my backup drive), I can't download songs to stream unless I activate the Cloud again. It would be nice to just download a song to hear on my Mac without streaming it to my iPad or iPhone. This thing continues to be a mess if you ask me. Here again, why do I need the Cloud to download a song if I am a subscriber? What if I just want it on my computer?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:01 PM

The song is coming from the Cloud, that's why you have to have that connection. If you want to disconnect use the option for downloading and offline listening.

I don't think 100% or what Apple has is available, just a lot of stuff is. Probably deals have to be made with each label. I don't know. Provide some specific information about the track that's giving you problems and maybe somebody else who subscribes can check if they see the same.

Just so you know, there is a specific Apple Music for Mac forum.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 12:01 PM in response to JazzmanJohn

The song is coming from the Cloud, that's why you have to have that connection. If you want to disconnect use the option for downloading and offline listening.

I don't think 100% or what Apple has is available, just a lot of stuff is. Probably deals have to be made with each label. I don't know. Provide some specific information about the track that's giving you problems and maybe somebody else who subscribes can check if they see the same.

Just so you know, there is a specific Apple Music for Mac forum.

What happened to unlimited streaming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.