Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having airport express problems

my 3 yr old airport express doesn't work with any peripheral device any more. It works ok with my Mac that is about 2 feet away. I have 3 other computers that have been working fine and now they don't show the network I have been using. I unplugged the cable box, airport and computer and restarted in reverse order. I also did a hard reset according to apple. I have a snapscan scanner about 3 feet away and it doesn't pick up the wifi either. Do I need to buy a new airport station?

Thanks

Scott

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:16 PM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2015 12:42 PM in response to SCORBETT

Please try a Factory Default Reset to see if that might bring some new life to the Express.

Power off the Express for a minute or two

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for an additional 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously apply the power back to the Express

Release the reset button after the hold period and allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

Set up the Express again to see how it behaves. If you try the Factory Default Reset a few times, and things do not improve, then you will likely need to replace the AirPort Express.

If you buy from Apple, you have 14 days to exchange or return the new Express for a refund, so you are covered in case the new Express exhibits the same type of behavior as the older model......which is unlikely.....but in the world of wireless almost anything is possible.

Jul 31, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hey Bob, I tried the factory default reset 3 times and lost all connectivity. I bought a new airport express and now I am connected with my main computer but nothing else is recognized. I tried the replace option and set up a new account option when I installed the new base station but all is the same. Any thoughts? I have been a Mac user since 1985 but I am not great with the "fixing". Do I need to do something with my other computers?

Thanks

Scott

having airport express problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.