Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authorization limit, system bad?

Hi,

I had computer problems this years and I authorized 1 iMac that I sold (forgot to deauthorize it). The rest is my windows PC that got the problems...

I reinstalled windows a couple of times (bad HD finally). authorized my computer in iTunes, break again, did the same thing!

I called support to ask them to do it manually on their side... They told me that I need to wait on January 23th to do a reset... in others words... Sit back, look at your 3000 song that you purchased on itunes but YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO THEM!! HAHAHAHA

Seriously, Apple change that! or at least put something that will remember the computer (like the system for the Wwindows Key activation).

Really I paid for that music and because of a computer problem, and maybe a bit because I really like music and did not wait a day or 2 to see if something will break.

You're auth system really do *****, please don't make people pay for your mistakes...

Thank you for taking the time to read. I really appreciate.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 1:32 PM

This is user to user support community. You're not talking to Apple here, try iTunes Feedback for that.

See Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support. Use the deauthorize all option, reauthorize the computers you need to. You normally have to wait a full year before you are able to use the deauthorize all command again, but if you have put yourself in the position where you need to do so you can contact Apple Support and explain the circumstances clearly, they may be able to do it for you. It seems you may have already tried this approach and failed. Perhaps you could try again.

I believe for Macs running OS X the computer hardware is authorized, and you can boot into multiple instances of the OS without needing to reauthorize the computer. On Windows the authorization keys are held in part of the system drive and reinstalling the system, or using alternate boot partitions, or virtual machine all show up as separate instances. Now you know you can avoid locking yourself out in future.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 1:32 PM in response to Steace

This is user to user support community. You're not talking to Apple here, try iTunes Feedback for that.

See Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support. Use the deauthorize all option, reauthorize the computers you need to. You normally have to wait a full year before you are able to use the deauthorize all command again, but if you have put yourself in the position where you need to do so you can contact Apple Support and explain the circumstances clearly, they may be able to do it for you. It seems you may have already tried this approach and failed. Perhaps you could try again.

I believe for Macs running OS X the computer hardware is authorized, and you can boot into multiple instances of the OS without needing to reauthorize the computer. On Windows the authorization keys are held in part of the system drive and reinstalling the system, or using alternate boot partitions, or virtual machine all show up as separate instances. Now you know you can avoid locking yourself out in future.

tt2

authorization limit, system bad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.