Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spreadsheet title

When I open the blank spreadsheet title it says "table 1" When I try to edit that title to replace it with my own, the program will not let me do it. How do I replace the existing title/rename a spreadsheet?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:47 PM

Hi Izensinger,

A word on nomenclature. A Numbers document or file is a spreadsheet. Within the document you can have many sheets. By default they are named, "Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.." Within each sheet you can have many tables.

When you save the spreadsheet/file/document you have the chance to name it. or you can click on the name at the top center of the window and edit it there (and also move it to where you want it stored).

User uploaded file

I think you are trying to rename a table.

User uploaded file

You should be able to double click on it to highlight it and edit it right there.

Also note your can edit the sheet name the same way or click on the triangle on the rightof the tab and choose "Rename...".

Is this helpful? Is it different from what you have been doing?

quinn

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 5:47 PM in response to lzensinger

Hi Izensinger,

A word on nomenclature. A Numbers document or file is a spreadsheet. Within the document you can have many sheets. By default they are named, "Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.." Within each sheet you can have many tables.

When you save the spreadsheet/file/document you have the chance to name it. or you can click on the name at the top center of the window and edit it there (and also move it to where you want it stored).

User uploaded file

I think you are trying to rename a table.

User uploaded file

You should be able to double click on it to highlight it and edit it right there.

Also note your can edit the sheet name the same way or click on the triangle on the rightof the tab and choose "Rename...".

Is this helpful? Is it different from what you have been doing?

quinn

Spreadsheet title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.