Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import and JOIN 3 songs from a CD?

I know how to import songs from a CD, but I've never "joined" songs before. No matter what I do I can't get the "Join CD Tracks" option to appear in the upper-right hand corner unless I choose to import and join ALL the songs on a CD. But I only want THREE songs. I've tried clicking on the 3 songs so they have a check mark in the box and also holding down the Shift key and highlighting the 3 chosen songs, but I still can't get the "Join CD Tracks" option to appear. I'm so utterly frustrated and my iMac is out of warranty so I presume Apple wouldn't help me over the phone.

I have all the latest itunes updates.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:57 PM

iTunes will allow your to join tracks during CD Import if - and only if:

• The tracks of the CD are sorted in ascending track order - to do this, you must click on the unlabeled column heading above the track numbers so that the "^" symbol is displayed on the right-hand side of the column heading, sorting on any other column, even if the resulting order is the same, will disable Join Tracks.
  • All tracks, or a subset of consecutive tracks, are selected. So you can join tracks 1,2 and 3 or 4, 5 and 6 but not 1, 3 and 5 or 2, 4 and 6.

When these two conditions are satisfied the Join CD Tracks function will be available in the Options dropdown.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 4:57 PM in response to ckin

iTunes will allow your to join tracks during CD Import if - and only if:

• The tracks of the CD are sorted in ascending track order - to do this, you must click on the unlabeled column heading above the track numbers so that the "^" symbol is displayed on the right-hand side of the column heading, sorting on any other column, even if the resulting order is the same, will disable Join Tracks.
  • All tracks, or a subset of consecutive tracks, are selected. So you can join tracks 1,2 and 3 or 4, 5 and 6 but not 1, 3 and 5 or 2, 4 and 6.

When these two conditions are satisfied the Join CD Tracks function will be available in the Options dropdown.

May 11, 2016 10:23 PM in response to hhgttg27

I have not been able to "join tracks" even after following your notes. I am trying to join the tracks for each in an audiobook CD so I can transfer it to my iPod. I was previously able to do this but now, I cannot get "Join tracks" to show under the options. I'm attaching a screen shot of the tracks highlighted, the little up arrow shown in the top column and the drop down choices from "options." Can you see where my problem is? Any other advice? Thanks.User uploaded file

How do I import and JOIN 3 songs from a CD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.