Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove already deleted audio books from my sync screen

When I go to sync my audiobooks I have to scroll through all my old deleted audiobooks. is there a way that I can delete those so I don't have to keep scrolling and checking the ones I want?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:45 PM

How have you "deleted" them? If they are shown in iTunes then they are still part of the library, even if you've removed the underlying media files. To remove an audiobook properly from iTunes:

• Select Books > Audiobooks
  • Select the audiobooks you want to delete
  • Right-click > Delete or press the Delete key
  • When prompted, confirm that you want to remove the selected items and that you want to move the files to the Recycle Bin (if you've previously deleted the media file(s) you won't get the second prompt)

Note that this works when you're viewing your library, not a playlist. In the latter case (assuming a regular playlist) Right-click > Delete or pressing the Delete key will remove items from the playlist but not from your library. To do both at once use SHIFT-Delete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 2:45 PM in response to jkbbriggs

How have you "deleted" them? If they are shown in iTunes then they are still part of the library, even if you've removed the underlying media files. To remove an audiobook properly from iTunes:

• Select Books > Audiobooks
  • Select the audiobooks you want to delete
  • Right-click > Delete or press the Delete key
  • When prompted, confirm that you want to remove the selected items and that you want to move the files to the Recycle Bin (if you've previously deleted the media file(s) you won't get the second prompt)

Note that this works when you're viewing your library, not a playlist. In the latter case (assuming a regular playlist) Right-click > Delete or pressing the Delete key will remove items from the playlist but not from your library. To do both at once use SHIFT-Delete.

how do i remove already deleted audio books from my sync screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.