Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Okay, My iPad was working fine until the update came and then all of suddenly while downloading some music from iTunes when all of sudden the screen went black. I have searched on the boards to try to fix it. When I connect to iTunes to restore i

Okay, so I was downloading music yesterday and all of a sudden, my screen went black. I tried a hard start, nothing. I tried to restore with my mac and the only thing it does is show the apple logo and says waiting for iPad. I left it sit overnight and still nothing. I held the home and sleep button numerous times while in the computer and out of the computer. I reading that I may have had something to do with the update 8.4 I wish someone could help me with this. Very frustrated and disappointed in APPLE.. Bth just purchased a new Mac for the first time. I hope that I am not going to have to go back to windows and android

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 12:38 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Leokc

Hi Leokc,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that while downloading music, your iPad display went black and you are unable to turn it back on. To troubleshoot this situation, I would recommend reading over and then working through the steps outlined under If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up in the attached article below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Best regards

Okay, My iPad was working fine until the update came and then all of suddenly while downloading some music from iTunes when all of sudden the screen went black. I have searched on the boards to try to fix it. When I connect to iTunes to restore i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.