Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen on iphone black. How can I "Trust" my computer with this problem?

My phone's screen is blacked out, but my phone is still able to be detected by iTunes. The only problem is that it asks me to "Trust" my computer, but there is no way I can do that from my phone. How can I get around this so that I can transfer and back up my phone's photos to my computer? I've tried researching this all day long and cannot find a solution and I'm getting really frustrated, because I found countless other posts on the internet about others with this exact same problem, and no solution. Has Apple come up with a solution to this problem yet?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 1:03 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

How would I be able to do that? I have already purchased a new phone and wasn't planning on ever using the broken phone again. I just really need my pictures off of it and onto my computer. I have backed up everything on the broken phone to my icloud, but do not know how to transfer my pics from there to the computer. I figured it would be easier to do it through my iTunes because I've done it before with another iPhone, but never encountered the "trust this computer" problem.

Screen on iphone black. How can I "Trust" my computer with this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.