Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to being able to play my itunes music from the cloud on my iPhone?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that this happened to, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not. Now just recently I downloaded the update to my iPhone 4S to the latest version. When it was done I didn't see much of anything that had changed, at first, but then days later when I was wanting to listen to some of my music I found out that the update had one HUGE change that I now hate. So with this new update Apple decided to change it so that when you use the music app you can access much more as far as music goes, and the performers that you can follow now, etc., but the worst thing that happened is that they took away our already purchased music, to some degree. Here is where I find the whole thing horrendous and a tragic mistake on Apple's part. You see before the update when you went to the music app it would list all your music that was both on your phone currently and everything that was still left in iTunes known as the "cloud", but the best part was that not only did it list your music from the cloud, it would allow you to play that music in the cloud as long as you had a data plan on your phone or access to wifi. So you see, the ability to play music from your cloud allowed you to keep your phone clear of a lot of music and take away space that you could use for photos, apps, or whatever. Although now, due to the update, my music seems to not show any of my music anymore. Nothing seems right. I do like the "Radio", and the "New" tabs and such but when you go to the "My Music" tab it only shows a few of the songs that are currently on my phone and not even all the ones that should be there, then it doesn't show you any of your music, at all, that is supposed to be in the "Cloud". So my question is: Is there anyway to make it work like it did before? I feel that taking that away was a GREAT BIG mistake on Apple's part. I don't mind listening to the "Radio" and "For You", etc. but I want to be able to listen to all my music that I've already bought like I used too. So please can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,

A.J. Morin

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:35 PM

There are no replies.

What happened to being able to play my itunes music from the cloud on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.