Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yosemite 10.10.4 & Apple tv 3 air play problem

Hello , i have a brand new macbook pro mid 2015 15inch retina display and i have a apple tv 3 with the last update installed

the problem is that when i activate air play to apple tv from my macbook pro to the apple tv nothing happens and it can take as long as 15 minutes for it to start working.

even when i go the settings of it and switch the airplay from off to apple tv it switch right back to Off again, and if i try again it than wants me to give I'm a code even due i don't have a code for the apple tv

this problem is absolutely frustrating and i don't know what can i do .

any Suggestions ?

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:42 PM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 1:54 AM in response to Yossi Mor

The following article(s) may help you.

AirPlay Mirroring

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this pagehelpful.

Aug 1, 2015 5:48 AM in response to Winston Churchill

unfortunately non of thous articles found helpful.

i tried to insert a video to show you what is happening when i select my apple tv from the airplay manue but its greyed out ,

its always keeps on asking me for a code , and i don't have a code set on my APT.

so i can just select my APT instead of connecting immediately to it nothing happens and all of a sodden after a few minutes its connected to it.

Aug 1, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Yossi Mor

Yossi Mor wrote:

its always keeps on asking me for a code , and i don't have a code set on my APT.

On your Apple TV go to Settings > Airplay > Security. Which option is enabled on your Apple TV: None, Onscreen Code or Password?

Yossi Mor wrote:

i have a brand new macbook pro mid 2015 15inch retina display and i have a apple tv 3 with the last update installed

the problem is that when i activate air play to apple tv from my macbook pro to the apple tv nothing happens and it can take as long as 15 minutes for it to start working.

Did you enable Firewall on your Mac? Did you install any additional security applications on your Mac? If yes, disable/uninstall these apps.

Try to turn OFF all of your devices which are currently creating your network: your MacBook Pro, your Apple TV and your Router. Then turn ON your Router first and once your Router is indicating that connection is working OK, turn ON again your MacBook Pro and Apple TV and test it again.

yosemite 10.10.4 & Apple tv 3 air play problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.