Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete Apple mail program

The Apple mail program has been nothing but a pain in the rear. It just spins the wheel for hours at a time.

I attempted to change the account info to another of my email addresses instead of the mobile me address that is no longer any good, NO SUCCESS.!

Is it really impossible to get rid of this useless time consuming aggravating Apple program?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:59 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 4:08 PM in response to frustratedandangryappleuser

It is possible to delete it but it is a lot of trouble and it is entwined with Contacts, Calendar, reminders, etc so deleting it can cause all sorts of issues on your system. You may even have trouble updating your OS X in the future if you delete it. Better to find the source of the problem in mail and fix it. You should start a post describing your mail problems and fixes tried... If you don't want to do that, then just turn it off, hide it, ignore it.

how to delete Apple mail program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.