Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos coded with FairPlay will not sync to iPod classic

I recently bought three music videos on iTunes and they will not sync to my iPod classic. In troubleshooting, I see the new videos are coded with FairPlay v2. Why can I not sync legally purchased iTunes content to my iPod???

Does anyone know a workaround for this? Is there a way to know if a video is coded with FairPlay before I waste my money on it?

I use the iPod classic at the gym to get me through my workouts. it is essential that I am able to get those videos on my iPod.

Imac (Intel), Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:02 PM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2015 11:29 AM in response to glimmrmoon

Hey glimmrmoon,

If you're unable to sync the desired music videos to your iPod Classic, it's not necessarily FairPlay v2 that's the source of the issue. You may be able to use iTunes to create a version of this video that's compatible with your iPod. I've outlined the steps for doing so below.

Select a video and choose File > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone Version.

iTunes: Videos may be unable to sync to iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Regards

Videos coded with FairPlay will not sync to iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.