Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Photos from automatically starting?

Whenever I connect my camera, Photos automatically starts up. In iPhoto this was easy to stop -- just select "no application" in preferences. This choice does not appear to be in the Photos preferences. I want nothing to start when I connect my camera. How do i do this?

Thanks!

mac book, Mac OS X (10.5.4), also Dell 8400 running XP and Ubuntu

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:32 PM

Next time it happens look at the upper toolbar and you will see a dropdown tool icon. Deselect that application by unchecking it.

4 replies

Jan 9, 2016 10:59 AM in response to sugunafromnc

I have done this so many times and it doesn't work....What is worse is when I am on a photoshoot and have to restart lightroom or turn the camera off or add media or ANYTHING....the BLASTED photos app wants to import whatever I am doing and I then I have to respond to diifernt prompts. and loose the moment with the client(s)........I have unchecked those things, selected those things and even made changes to the library file(s) but then it always appears again...

on my computer back in the office I got so sick of theis app doing this I went into the Application file and started deleting files from this persisitant app. Now I only get ONE window that says it is damaged and only have to click "OK".

This is potentially dangerous because I could be deleteing important files but I dont care...I do not LIKE iPhoto or Photos except perhaps on my iPhone . On my note book or office desktop the thing wants to import EVERYTHING to the photos library duplicating everything Ihave on the computer and I use lightroom for all that....

HOW UTTER AGGRAVATING AND HELPLESS I AM

How to stop Photos from automatically starting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.