Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my thread?

Hello,

I was working through a problem and my thread now says restricted content. What happened?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7122782

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:11 PM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Robertpetry

Robert --

Either you or another person in the thread violated the terms of use here. If you do not get an email from the hosts explain why, it was someone else.

Please don't take it personally, though. Most of us have had that "honor" at least once (some of us several times). If you get an email from the hosts, post your problem again, being careful not to go over the line, OK?

Aug 2, 2015 8:58 PM in response to TildeBee

Ok, yeah, I got it.

Thanks for all the posts. Actually, I didn't realize my machine had updated to the 10.10.5 beta since it downloaded and rebooted overnight.

It would have been nice to move my thread or preserve the content since the thread was older than the beta and it was helping me. The problem started in 10.10.3 and .4. Now I guess I start over since the problem persists.

When I get time I will start a new thread.

Aug 2, 2015 10:27 PM in response to Robertpetry

Unfortunately, running a beta means that you cannot discuss it anywhere (read your NDA that you agreed to). So, if you are running the beta now, we won't be able to help. Even if we were allowed to discuss it, it doesn't make sense: unless someone else is running the same build version, they would not be able to reproduce your problem since beta software can have unexpected results/problems.

What happened to my thread?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.