Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Look Mono Issue

Hiya,

So I have an audio interface that I do all my work through. Lately (over the last few months, I can't be specific), mono files are no longer playing through Quick Look when I have audio set up to come through my audio interface (Presonus Firebox). I'm using a mid 09' Macbook Pro.

It comes through just fine if I use built in speakers and headphone port just fine. Mono is also fine when using VLC or other applications.

I'm just stumped. I've tried replacing the file that lets QL read audio, but no luck. Does anyone know if redownloading a QL package or something will fix this issue, or any ideas AT ALL?...

Many thanks,

B.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:45 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2016 2:38 PM in response to Elevatormusicmaker

Same issue here.

Mono mp3 and AAC files only play silence via QuickLook and Quicktime 10.4 when the output is my firewire interface (Metric Halo ULN-8, with up-to-date driver, firmware, and software), on both my Macs.

Chatted with Apple support today, but that didn't help.

Since the issue is with two different brands of interface, I suspect it's a Core Audio problem. I've contacted Metric Halo to see what they have to say.

Mac Pro (Early 2009)

2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB RAM

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB RAM

Mac OS 10.11.5

Quick Look Mono Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.