Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

0 photos on ipad but when connect to itunes it says 4.8GB of storage used by photos ?

When i connected my ipad to itunes it says 4.74GB of storage is being used, I thought this seems like alot as I only had about 15 photos and a couple of short videos. So I decided to remove all photos and videos, I have removed photos and videos from Photos plus the 2 apps that my daughter had downloaded, Videostar and picollage. So no photos or videos on my device but nothing changed on itunes, I decided maybe some images in emails or text/imessages, so deleted all text/imessages and deleted the whole email account. Still nothing has changed in itunes. I have done soft reset (home button and on/off switch) and re-synced with itunes but still it is saying 4.74 GB of storage used on photos. I have been in every app, don;t have any social media turned on and I can't find any photos or videos anywhere so why is 4.74 GB of storage saying it's being used by photos ?

User uploaded file

I see others seem to have had this problem though not to the same extent of storage being used but there doesn't seem to be many answers provided for a solution apart from try a soft reset !

Help please, it is driving me mad.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:37 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 5:08 PM in response to MACtechnophobe

I Don't know if you saw this workaround/fix, but give it a try if you haven't tried it yet. Launch the photos app and delete all of your Recently Deleted photos from your Recently Deleted album.

Then go to Settings>General>Date & Time, and change the date back to over one year ago. Netx go back to the Recently Deleted album. see if you have photos in it. If you do, delete them again. Go back to Settings>General>Date & Time and set it to Automatically On again. Then connect to iTunes and see what the storage shows.

0 photos on ipad but when connect to itunes it says 4.8GB of storage used by photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.