Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dropped my iphone 5 and it wont turn on now. it keeps cycling from the dead battery to the apple when plugged in.

I dropped my IPhone 5 from about 3 feet. Now it wont turn on. I tried doing a reset and nothing happened. I plugged my phone in to the charger and it shows a dead battery (even though it was charged before the drop) and after a few seconds the apple comes on then the phone turns back off and cycles back to the dead battery and the apple over and over again. As soon as i disconnect from the charger the phone goes dead. The display seems to work fine since the dead battery and the apple logo show up clear on the screen. It was in a LifeProof case and there isn't any external damage to the phone. Any ideas?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:12 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:25 PM in response to bzepeda22

If your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad is Broken

Apple does not fix iDevices. Instead, they exchange yours for a refurbished or new replacement depending upon the age of your device and refurbished inventories. On rare occasions when there are no longer refurbished units for your older model, they may replace it with the next newer model.

ATTN: Beginning July 2013 Apple Stores are now equipped to do screen repairs/replacements in-house on iPhone 5 and 5C. In some cases while you wait. According to Apple this is the beginning of equipping Apple Stores with the resources needed to do most repairs for iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches that would not require major replacements. Later in the year the services may be extended as Apple Stores become equipped and staffed with the proper repair expertise. So, if you need a screen repaired or a broken screen replaced or have your stuck Home button fixed, call your local Apple Store to see if they are now doing these in-house.

You may take your device to an Apple retailer for help or you may call Customer Service and arrange to send your device to Apple:

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers.

You will find respective repair costs in the appropriate link:

iPod Service Support and Costs

iPhone Service Support and Costs

iPad Service Support and Costs

i dropped my iphone 5 and it wont turn on now. it keeps cycling from the dead battery to the apple when plugged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.