Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to make calls thru WIFI

Several months ago, I was able to make and receive calls through my MAC/Ipad via my wifi on my iPhone. Now, I am unable to do so. The message I keep getting is that all devices need to be on the same wifi which they all are. I haven't done anything different, no changes to my router. I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 if tis helps. I don't have this problem with my iPhone and work IPAD when Im at work.

Can anyone help me?? Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:54 PM

Try this: disconnect everything from your Wifi network. Join them all back. See if it works.

Make sure Bluetooth is ON on all devices.

My hunch is that they appear to be on the same network, but they are not. There is some difference, which is why it works at work.

You might also try restarting your Wifi router, can't hurt.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2015 3:54 PM in response to RN0427

Try this: disconnect everything from your Wifi network. Join them all back. See if it works.

Make sure Bluetooth is ON on all devices.

My hunch is that they appear to be on the same network, but they are not. There is some difference, which is why it works at work.

You might also try restarting your Wifi router, can't hurt.

Unable to make calls thru WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.