Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

npMotive.plug in found in my MacBook

Hi everybody,

I hope you can help me...

I was organizing my Documents folder and I found a new folder named "thisTEMPMotiveXPIdir".

I looked for it in Spotlight and I also found an unknown plug in named "npMotive.plug in".

I deleted the folder but I am not sure if that plug in could damage my computer of it it's a new thing that I didn't know about and can be helpful.

What do you know about it?

Please, let me know what to do.

Regards!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Cynthia_00

Apparently "Motive" relates to the Silverlight plugin > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/826483

You can block the Silverlight plugin.

With Safari open go to the menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Security tab then click Website Settings to the right of: Internet plug-ins

Then select Silverlight in the panel on the left.

You can block the plug-in for the: When visiting other websites pop up menu.

Or you can remove the plug-in.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Click Go then move the Silverlight plug-in to the Trash. Empty the Trash then restart your Mac.

message edited by: cs

Aug 20, 2015 11:34 PM in response to Cynthia_00

I have the same problem. That same file just showed up in finder."thisTEMPMotiveXPIdir" It wasn't there this morning. I was wondering is it safe to delete. Or, should I just ignore the 87 files from mozilla. I've only had this 5k IMac for about a week. I haven't really downloaded anything of the internet but, World of Warcraft. I don't even have Mozilla Firefox browser on this Mac. That's why when i seen all these files that that have Mozilla Firefox I became suspicious.

npMotive.plug in found in my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.