Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 restoration of photos from iTunes backup

I backed up my iPhone 6 to iTunes several weeks ago. I did not have it set to automatically back up to the cloud. I then experienced problems with my touchscreen, and went to Verizon, where we did an iCloud back-up, factory reset, and restore last Friday. I got a message that the restore wasn't yet complete, and for the next couple of days I continued to get a message that the iCloud restore was in process. I called Verizon support, and they talked me through cancelling the restore and completing another backup. Now, while the iPhone shows that I have a large number of photos on the phone, only those I've taken since Saturday appear. The rest show date and location, but no images. Under iCloud settings I have my iPhone set for Photos but not for iCloud Photo Library.

I'd like to recover all the photos taken prior to the iTunes backup, but don't want to lose the more recent photos, apps, etc. from my phone. Is there a way to accomplish this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 2:45 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 6 restoration of photos from iTunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.