Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate iMessage on iPod 6?

This is my first iOS device I was on the phone with apple support for lile 2 hours nothing they said helped and I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have left android lol everytime I go to setting click on messages and type in my password and hit go it does nothing will i need to know will it eventually fix its self that way I wouldn't be worried about getting my money back

iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 3:27 PM

4 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:46 PM in response to lllaass

So basically you can't have FaceTime and iMessage out of the box you have to wait up to 24 hours to use it? I thought Apple was better then android. FaceTime was the main reason why I wanted to give Apple a try now I'm starting to think that I should have stuck to android and I know nothing about port forwarding again I thought Apple was suppose to be the simple product yeah I may just go return it now thanks

Aug 1, 2015 7:50 AM in response to Classofpunk30

If this is your first iOS device I assume you have set up a iCloud account and store account etc., I have Facetime and iMessage out of the box with my iPod 6th generation, but I have had my account with apple for years, what was wrong with having to wait 24hrs, it will not replace a Android Phone, it is after all a iPod, and as long as you have wi-fi connection you will get Facetime and iMessage, but when out and about, unless in free wi-fi area, you will have no Facetime or iMessage. I might add that you will only have Facetime and/or iMessage from other iOS or OSX equipment, i'e' iPad, iPhone etc.

How do I activate iMessage on iPod 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.