Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've purchased a iPad air recently and using FaceTime with satisfaction. But for incoming calls ringer does not work in my new ipad air. How to solve the problem?

I've purchased a iPad air recently and using FaceTime with satisfaction. But for incoming calls ringer does not work in my new ipad air. How to solve the problem?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:17 PM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Briansyddall

Briansyddall wrote:

Hi

Go to settings on iPhone & ipad make sure cellular data is on

Also in Settings down to phone calls on other devices set to on .

I see no indication that the OP has a cellular iPad or an iPhone for that matter. In either event, I doubt that would have anything to do with the device not ringing when it receives an incoming call. My iPads are WiFi only and I can FaceTime without being anywhere near my phone and I was able to FaceTime and hear the ringer before I owned an iPhone.

Aug 1, 2015 6:28 AM in response to moniruzzaman jewel

I assume that you also read bobseufert suggestions as well and that didn't work either. Try a force restart and see if that makes any difference. You will not lose any data.

Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. It takes about 10-20 seconds for this process to take place.

If that didn't do it, try resetting all settings. This will not cause any loss of data either, but you will have to re-enter all of your device settings again, like WiFi network passwords, privacy settings, location services, etc. The device will restart on its own when you do this. Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.