Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iphone 6 thats disabled I got it on Craigslist but I dont have a computer so now im stuck what can I do ?

I have a iphone 6 thats disabled I got it on Craigslist but I dont have a computer so now im stuck what can I do ?

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:00 PM

10 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Princecharming_215

The question is why is it disabled? Mesentery of a passcode? Only resolution is to use the recovery mode to restore it with a computer running iTunes per the instructions in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212 and in summary:

User uploaded file

You might try taking it to an Apple store genius bar and see if they will help you. But this does sound like a less than legal device so good luck with them.

Jul 31, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Ralph Landry1 wrote:

The question is why is it disabled? Mesentery of a passcode?

What are you trying to say here?

Definition of MESENTERY

a : one or more vertebrate membranes that consist of a double fold of the peritoneum and invest the intestines and their appendages and connect them with the dorsal wall of the abdominal cavity b : a fold of membrane comparable to a mesentery and supporting a viscus (as the heart) that is not a part of the digestive tract

: a support or partition in an invertebrate like the vertebrate mesentery

Aug 1, 2015 7:06 AM in response to Princecharming_215

There are a few scenarios here:

1. You purchased a legitimate device from someone who forgot to disable Activation Lock

Talk to the seller, tell them they forgot to disable activation lock, see if they will disable it.

2. You purchased a stolen device from someone and should go to the police.
  3. Its not activation lock but a IMEI or ESN that is blocked by the carrier because the phone is stolen
  4. It is a password you need for the phone it self you can fix that by going here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.