Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot turn off my Location Services. The button is locked in the ON position.

I want to disable Location services but the slide button is locked.

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, Poewer button

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:31 PM

Hi Nms717,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like Location Services may be restricted to not allow changes. To remove this restriction, navigate to Settings > General > Restrictions > Location Services. The attached article has further information regarding Restrictions that you can use as a reference.

About Restrictions (parental controls) on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Nms717

Hi Nms717,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like Location Services may be restricted to not allow changes. To remove this restriction, navigate to Settings > General > Restrictions > Location Services. The attached article has further information regarding Restrictions that you can use as a reference.

About Restrictions (parental controls) on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards

I cannot turn off my Location Services. The button is locked in the ON position.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.