Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone call history keep showing up in my husbands phone call history?

Why does my iPhone call history keep showing up on my husbands iPhone call history?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:04 PM

12 replies

Aug 17, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Ironman4

Ironman,

As Meg said above it is best to have separate IDs. That is what my wife and I do.

For a quick fix in the mean time go to Settings > Messages > Send and receive at > You can be reached by iMessages at > and uncheck each other's phone numbers in the settings to deselect them. Do the same thing in the FaceTime setting. Uncheck each other's numbers so that you are not being contacted at each other's phone number.

See if that helps you.... 🙂

Aug 17, 2015 2:21 PM in response to uapilot1960

uapilot1960 wrote:

SO therefore you must create different AppleIDs WHY EXACTLY?

What's the old adage? If it's not broke, don't "FIX" it?

Sharing Apple IDs is causing a problem for the OP. I'd say that meands it IS "broke". The solution is to create separate IDs. I'm not sure why that should be a problem. It only take a few minuntes to set up another one and it solves a whole slew of little annoyances create by trying to use an Apple ID in a way it was never really intended to be used. Apple has created Family Sharing to address situations where people what to share content.

Aug 18, 2015 12:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It is a problem because right now...and for years in the past...my wife and I have two full calendars for our perspective careers and we have shared each other's full calendar in iCloud using the same AppleID and all was fine UNTIL Apple, in there infinite wisdom, changed how sharing an AppleID and iCloud work. Now if we want to share each others full calendars we need to accept that we will share annoyances like my phone calls appearing on her phone and vice versa. It is terribly annoying and, frankly, quite stupid to make us endure this annoyance, THANKS APPLE!

The only way we can avoid this idiocy is to have separate AppleIDs and then share only one "family" calendar when using "Family Share." This means she has her full calendar and I have mine but then we have to drag/drop or copy/paste our entire calendars to a "family calendar" and just share that one. Very time and effort intensive PLUS a much greater risk of making human error mistakes when having to go through this extra stupid step!

Like I said......APPLE, when it's not broke, don't fix it! Or, at least allow me the option in settings to turn off the stupid shared phone calls list and/or allow me to share more than a single "family" calendar when activating "Family Share" with separate AppleIDs.

My thoughts are Apple did this to force certain people to buy more apps and/or music to pad its profits. PITA Apple. PITA!

Steve would NOT be happy!

Aug 18, 2015 12:38 PM in response to uapilot1960

Apple has ALWAYS recommended AGAINST sharing IDs. YOU chose to IGNORE that and do things your own way instead.

The only idiocy here was ignoring Apple's explicit instructions for how to use Apple IDs. Sharing calendars is brain dead simple and doesn't require family share. If you'd taken 5 minutes to look into that, you might not have this problem. My wife and I have had a shared calendar on iCloud since iCloud was first introduced and we don't share an ID for anything.

You can't follow simple directions, it's your own fault, not Apple's.

Aug 18, 2015 12:52 PM in response to uapilot1960

Well you being a Marine explains a lot...always doing what you are told without even blinking! I used to teach Marines how to fly so I get that!

Funny then...despite all your mind numbed insults...it worked JUST FINE for years! Duh!

I choose to do whatever the He## I want to and if that rubs you wrong then deal with it!

It worked, NOW IT DOESN'T sooooooooooo that means something changed and if I freaking want to do it MY WAY I will.....now go take that hill Marine!

Why does my phone call history keep showing up in my husbands phone call history?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.