Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son and I both have iphones, although they are on different accounts (long story). When I call and he doesn't answer, I don't get his voicemail. Instead, I receive a prompt to enter my passcode. This doesn't happen to anyone else.

My son and I both have iphones. Mine is iphone 4 with IOS 7. His is an iphone 5. They are on separate accounts, for various reasons. When everyone else calls him and he doesn't answer, voicemail comes on. When I call him and he doesn't pick up, I get a prompt to enter my passcode. We can't figure it out. Can anyone help? Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 6:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 7:23 AM in response to magwoom

Likely what is happening is you two are on the same carrier like AT&T, T-Mobile, O2, Telstra etc.

His cellphone is set to forward unanswered calls to a "Voicemail Message Center Number" and is passing your caller ID along. The Voicemail Message center thinks you are calling to check your own voicemail.

I would call your carrier with your son to see if his voicemail / forwarding settings are correct. It is likely a conditional forward (unanswered calls only)

My son and I both have iphones, although they are on different accounts (long story). When I call and he doesn't answer, I don't get his voicemail. Instead, I receive a prompt to enter my passcode. This doesn't happen to anyone else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.