Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple ID and Password

I changed my ID and password. Itunes and Icloud to name a few appear on screen to enter my password, but my old ID is showing and it does not allow me to change that - how do I completely change to my new ID#

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2015 12:39 PM

Greetings jemcnutt,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have a different Apple ID and want to use that one instead. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2015 12:39 PM in response to jemcnutt

Greetings jemcnutt,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have a different Apple ID and want to use that one instead. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Aug 3, 2015 3:19 PM in response to jemcnutt

You are going to have to sign the old ID out of iCloud. If you actually changed the old ID to the new one (as opposed to setting up a brand new Apple ID), follow the steps below:

1. Go to Manage your Apple ID, sign on with your current ID and password and EDIT the new ID back to the old one. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change the password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud, scroll to the bottom and click on Sign Out/Delete. Type in your current Apple ID password when prompted to sign out of Find My iPhone and to sign the iCloud account out

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID, sign in with your old ID and your current password, and EDIT your ID back to your new/current one. You may need to verity it again

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign in your new ID to iCloud

Cheers,

GB

Changed Apple ID and Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.