Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I come in for a repair?

I recently shattered my 5s and am about to bring it in to be repaired/replaced out of warranty. Im still not sure if they will replace the screen or the phone itself or not, and I have heard some stories of people getting a brand new iphone in return for the oow price. Would I have a better chance of getting a brand new iphone for the oow price if i dont make an appointment before getting to the store, or would it be the same? Or i guess what I'm really asking is, does everyone that comes in for a repair get a refurbished phone? What was your experience of bringing in a shattered (5s)? Was the price exactly as they stated on the website ($129 for 5s)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2015 5:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2015 6:21 PM in response to mt333

I have no experience with bringing in shattered screen devices or out of warranty repairs (expect for a battery replacement and it cost what I was told it would). I would recommend making an appointment. If you don't you will probably have to wait for a very long time to be seen. I would assume that the cost would be the same regardless of how the appointment was made, because the damage remains the same to the phone either way.

How do I come in for a repair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.